Thursday 14 November 2013

Potato With Black Pepper And Coriander

What's for dinner?





So, as I am feeling extremely motivated and giddy with enthusiasm on my new venture to be a blogger about my favourite subject, here is another wonderful and easy recipe for you.

There have been a few people who have motivated me to do this (you know who you are!), so I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!  for all your words of encouragement.  Your confidence in me to do this, means a lot to me, more than words can describe.

As you can imagine life with 2 kids and a husband and working can be very demanding and hectic, so the last thing either of us want to do is cook a slap up meal, which takes ages.

We start our conversation about 'what's for dinner?' at lunchtime, and this recipe is always a winner.

It's so easy and done in 15 minutes and in the microwave! - you can't get easier than this.

This recipe is one of my favourites.  I usually make it when my husband wants an Indian meal and I’m too lazy to cook! It is really versatile and can be eaten as a snack or as a main meal.
Here it is, I hope you enjoy!

Potato with black pepper and coriander



Ingredients


4 tbsp Sunflower oil
½ tsp Cumin seeds
2 Fresh green chilli, finely chopped – leave the seeds in if you want it hot!
Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1 tsp Salt (a further ½ tsp can be added)
2 tsp black pepper
600g Baby New Potatoes with the skin on - wash thoroughly
3 tsp Lemon juice (or more if you want extra tang)

Method

Get a medium sized microwaveable pot and add the oil
Then add the cumin seeds and the finely chopped green chillis


Next add your potatoes, I chop these up into a different shape, they’re not diced nor are they like chips or wedges! I suppose they’re a mixture of all three! Basically if you think or how a potato wedge is chopped and then chop this length ways again, so you basically have a 2 inch length and 5 mm thick chopped potato. Mix well.



Add the salt and black pepper
Put the lid on your pot and cook in the microwave for 10 mins (1000w)
Mix after 5 mins to ensure even cooking
After the 10 mins take it out of the microwave and add the freshly chopped coriander and lemon juice, this will slow down the cooking process, especially if you are cooking potatoes, so it is always best to add this towards the end, this time leave the lid off.

Pop in the microwave for a further 5 mins and its done!

We normally just eat this with some low-fat yogurt or of you’re feeling indulgent then have it with Greek yogurt.  It can also be eaten with Samo (coarse semolina – recipe to follow soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment